The ancient convent of the Martorana, a history of devotion and tradition
The Church of Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio, from 1221, was entrusted to the Greek clergy, while from 1434, at the behest of Alfonso V of Aragon, it was granted to the [approfondimenti id="49751" testo_link="Benedictine"] nuns of the nearby monastery, founded in 1193 by Goffredo and Eloisa Martorana.
The Church of Santa Maria dell'Ammiraglio stands in what is now the brightly lit Piazza Bellini in Palermo's historic centre, occupying a privileged position on a hill next to the Church of [approfondimenti id="49341" testo_link="San Cataldo"] and opposite the Church of Santa Caterina.
The Norman conquest of Sicily and the birth of a new Latin kingdom
The Norman kingdom was born in the city of Palermo on 25 December 1130, when [approfondimenti id="50532" testo_link="Roger II"] was crowned King of Sicily, Apulia, Calabria and Capua. The occupation and seizure of Sicily, which remained under Muslim rule for some two hundred years, was due to his pr...
MiC – Ministero della Cultura
Legge 77/2006 - Misure Speciali di Tutela e Fruizione dei Siti Italiani di Interesse Culturale, Paesaggistico e Ambientale, inseriti nella “Lista Del Patrimonio Mondiale”, posti sotto la Tutela dell’ UNESCO Regione Siciliana.
Assessorato dei Beni Culturali e dell’Identità Siciliana, Dipartimento dei Beni Culturali e dell’Identità Siciliana.
Parco archeologico della Valle dei Templi di Agrigento.