Brought to light in 1935, after the basilica hall, the building is considered the most regal and eloquent of the late antiquity residence for the dynamism and sumptuousness of its architecture, consisting of three large
.The hall’s role of reception already stands out from the staircase, covered in marble, enriched by two central columns in grey marble, which introduce the entrance.The large space served as the official dining room of the dominus and would have been furnished with
, probably placed under the
In the area delimited by the central square,dances and concerts took place during the symposia that may well have taken place with the flair of the famous Trimalchio’s feast described by Petronius. During the banquets and symposia, panegyrics were recited, celebratory speeches in honour of great feats, which closely recall the mythological mosaics of the vast hall, in which the labours of the gods and heroes were exalted.
These are a heroic celebration of the villa’s commissioner, through a stylistic expressionismthat differs from the rest of the rooms, probably because it was built by different teams of master mosaicists, at a later time than the primary nucleus surrounding the quadrangular peristyle .