In the churchyard or “Planum Ecclesiae” of Palermo Cathedral from the 16th century until the early decades of the 19th century, St. Christina’s fair was held. As early as 1514, a Kingdom report requested of King Ferdinand the Catholic that St. Christina’s fair be extended throughout the month of May, since the second Sunday of the month was the date of the translation of the saint. In 1515, the King allowed the fair to last three days: Saturday, Sunday and the second weekday. After Ferdinand’s death and under the new viceroy, the fair lasted fifteen days, during which time stalls full of goods were set up in the churchyard. In the centre, there was also the so-called “pisca” organised into big and small “beneficiata”, where prizes were drawn.