Michele Canzoneri was born in Palermo in 1944. As a young artist, he began to study transparency, so much so that in the 1970s he conducted experiments with resin, often coloured, and created installations with large luminous and transparent objects, made of blown glass, mixed with cast resin. The study of light led him to design the first stained-glass windows and, from 1985, he worked on those for the Cefalù Cathedral. Shortly afterwards, he obtained another important commission for the Basilica of San Pio in San Giovanni Rotondo, the latter designed by Renzo Piano. He currently lives and works in Palermo, where he continues experimenting with different materials, even precious ones, studying the relationship between aesthetics and spirituality.