The Maramma, or the Fabbrica della Cattedrale (Cathedral Workshop), supervised the construction, restoration and maintenance of the works housed inside the Cathedral. There are also many works commissioned by the organisation, whose symbol was the two-headed eagle. Documents were also stored in the Maramma. The Archive was unfortunately destroyed in a fire in 1860, caused by Bourbon bombs, during the clashes with Garibaldi’s troops.