Carmelo Battaglia Santangelo

The architect practised his profession in Catania in the second half of the 18th century, participating in the city’s reconstruction after the earthquake of 1693.
In addition to the works dedicated to the Benedictine complex, carried out alongside other architects including his uncle, Francesco Battaglia, and cousin Antonino Battaglia, his projects included the northern elevation of Palazzo degli Elefanti (Elephants Palace), today the seat of the Municipality.