bishop’s palace

The first nucleus of the bishop’s Cefalù palace, now adjacent to the seminary, dates back to the Middle Ages, to the time of Roger’s reign. However, it was Bishop Francesco Gonzaga, in 1590, who wanted to give it its current formal architectural structure. In 1793, Bishop Francesco Vanni completed the elegant building, enlarging it with rooms and enriching it with decorations.