The chapel as we see it today is the result of considerable architectural renovations, carried out between 1946 and 1948. In fact, we know that the door in the back wall of the sacristy was originally in the wall dividing the altar from the sacristy before being demolished in 1946. In the same year, a pair of pillars was added behind the altar, and the altar’s two marble balustrades were moved into it. Two small side portals, present in the descriptions of the Cathedral written between 1600 and 1700, were also walled up, and the wardrobe belonging to Archbishop Torres was moved to the area behind the sacristy. These and other renovations certainly modified the style of the entire chapel dedicated to St. Castrense, which is arranged differently than originally planned.