Born in Palermo around 1660, he was trained in a late Novellesque environment, so much so that one of his first works was the restoration of Pietro Novelli’s frescoes in Casa Professa. A painter, designer and architect, he most likely went to Rome where he had contact with the artist Calandrucci and possibly Maratta. His classicist style can be seen in Palermo in the Church of Jesus at Casa Professa and the Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli. He was also involved in working on the Monreale Cathedral and Alcamo, and died in Palermo in 1718. He is buried in the Church of Santa Caterina di Alessandria all’Olivella. In the Church of Santa Maria dell’Ammiraglio, between 1684 and 1685, he painted a cycle of paintings in the dome and pendentives depicting the Four Doctors of the Church and the Glory of the Benedictine Order.